A very late start today….lazy Sunday!!
Todays words are…Cathedral and Sequence. So I’m thinking of maybe just doing line drawings of a whole load of Catherdrals!!! hmmmmm…..
Right…so I’m thinking of either doing a row of line drawings of a few different cathedrals and multiplying them to fill the page….or…I could just draw a really detailed cathedral and keep a record of the progress as a sequence!
Am thinking I might draw the most famous of Cathedrals….
Good old Notre Dame…
So I’m getting nowhere today…just about to start illustrating!!!
Tunes for today….maybe some easy listening….a bit of Ray Lamonghte!
I’m falling asleep here…..Time for tea and new tunes…one of my faves..The Cranberries!!
Thank God..I think I’m finished illustrating the cathedral! That was mighty boring!!!
But…when I was just fixing something up I did this by accident…
I think its rather cool!!
Right…time to figure out how to make this look kinda good!!!
Playing with colour picked from the stained glass window of Notre Dame…
so this is what happens when I select each sequence of the illustration and center align them…
but this is cooler….this is the same technique but I have arranged the order so that the first ones appear at the front…
Was thinking of maybe something like this either…
…seems a bit boring though!!
Need to take a little break….I’ll decide what to do with the image in a while!!!!
Am back to mess around a bit and figure out what way I want the final image to look like.
For this one I took out parts of the sequence to try making it a bit neater!
…its still a bit boring!
For this one I chose six parts of the sequence. The opacity lets lighter by 20% on each starting at 100% for the first layer.
Then I center aligned them to make this….
…I think I like it!
So…turns out when I only do the same process at the last one but include colour its actually a bit neater looking…
And so…after all that messing I think I have a plan…..I’ve selected the most complete parts of the sequence…I have changed the opacity on the last few…then I ungrouped the first few and aligned them to the bottom and to the right…
and this is where I’m at…
I really really like this one…I thinks its cool the way the little statue figures landed…its like their going through a little garden or graveyard or some sort of something!
I think by adding in two more layers of the figures part that was left over…and lowering the opacity to 50% and 30% it gives this area a bit more depth.
…think this is my new fave!!
Have decided to stop working…I think I like the last image. I reckon there’s something interesting about how the figures ended up at the bottom among the other elements…its like with two clicks of the button the image that had bored me all day just changed and became something else!
Afterthoughts: That was a boring day..but its done and its time to get ready for some crazy new words tomorrow!!
Tool used: Adobe Illustrator